Wednesday 24 June 2015

The Perfect Human Being?

I was exercising yesterday climbing up hills. I've always liked exercise, particularly the aerobic kind. I was always a runner or a cyclist or a swimmer. Anyway, as I was on my walk around my hilly neighbourhood I had a thought. (Incidentally, this is one reason why great minds have always walked. Walking stimulates thinking.) The thought I had was this: imagine, if you can, the perfect human being. What would that human being be like? What attributes would make them "perfect"?

I thought for a minute and considered my question. My challenge to anyone else thinking about it (besides setting aside the trite responses) is this: I don't think it's possible to think of or create a "perfect" human being. I think we have no reference for what that would be like. No set of looks, mental abilities, interests, motives or concerns could make a "perfect human being". So, in fact, I don't think that there is, nor could there be, any such thing as a perfect human being. All we have is the imperfect versions we are and will keep on being. And that is something to think about.

Do you agree or disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment